How does acupuncture work in these diseases?
Various studies have been conducted to explain the mechanism of action of acupuncture. The following results were obtained in these studies:
1. Acupuncture increases the resistance by strengthening the immune system and the patient becomes less susceptible to infection.
2. The capacity of stress resistance increases due to the release of endorphins, serotonin and other neurohumoral factors which affect neurotransmitter release and neuro-signaling.
3. Acupuncture leads to natural steroid secretion of the body, therefore the negative effects that may arise from external use of this substance are avoided.
4. Functionality of the natural killer cells (NK) gets better and the number and ratio of different immune cell types is regulated.
5. Immunoglobulin-E level and cytokines that play the most important role in allergic reactions are regulated. This reduces the occurrence of serious reactions.
6. Acupuncture treatment improves the overall balance of the body and reduces the incidence of allergic diseases along with other diseases.
7. Local impact dissolves edema.